Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Blog #15

Research Question: Is intersectionality essential to the success of feminism? And if it is, then why don't more feminists incorporate that intersectionality into their feminist ideologies?

My interviewee is a friend of mine who is a feminist herself and has, for a number of years, been involved in learning more about feminism and the institution of sexism. The kind of information I'm looking to get from her is some insight into the feminist community, as well as her personal experiences with racism, sexism, classism, etc. and how she fits into the matrix of intersectional feminism, being a lower-middle class, bisexual ciswoman of color. I want to get an idea of how she identifies herself and get a measure of the weight of its importance. And from that, I think that that, along with my research, can help me draw a few conclusions on whether intersectionality is important, and that information will help me to determine reasons why I don't see a better number of feminists including that idea into their theories, as well as what type of people they might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment