Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Blog #10

I have yet to take out of the library or buy/rent most books for my topic but I am most definitely sticking with intersectional feminism and building a list of all of the sources that I'm planning on using. This is a long shot but my goal is to read the majority of the books but I'll probably end up just looking through them using the index to find what I need.

I was given even more sources after the meeting which is always a good thing, and then hopefully I can interview at least one woman in my family. The more I think about it the more I think that it's a good idea to pick someone from my family cus except for me, everyone was born and raised in a different country and so coming here, there's a good chance that they have a much more vivid recollection of the way they were treated and the behaviors of those around them. And being not only women but women of color I think I'll be able to get a lot of insight as to how this all relates back to intersectionality. Hopefully from that I'll be able to draw some conclusions about just how necessary the theory is in order for feminism to be a success. And I always have truckload of articles that I've already read through. All I need to do is take notes.

Fortunately for this project, my family is big and I have a number of subjects to choose from so hopefully I'll have at least one or two interviews for primary data and a whole load of secondary sources but I don't think more general collections of data like surveys would properly serve my purpose but I'm looking for very subjective answers and personal experiences that cannot be properly conveyed through questionnaires but I could be wrong. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment